- In the references list, all publications shall be listed in order of citation in the text. In the text of the article, references are given in square brackets in Arabic numerals.
- The Editorial Board recommends using the AMA (American Medical Association) style for citations in the journal: ALL AUTHORS shall be included in the description of each source. If the publication has more than 7 authors, then after the 3rd author, the “…, etc.” or “…, et al.” abbreviation shall be used.
- Give journal titles in accordance with the title catalogue of the database MedLine (NLM Catalogue). Use full titles for journals not indexed in MedLine.
- Use full article titles.
- Use the short format to specify the publication date, volume, issue number, and pages of the article.
- Use the Vancouver format, AMA version, for bibliographic descriptions of references.
In all cases when the quoted material has a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), it must be specified at the very end of the bibliographic reference.